Claridge Court is the premier Life Care community in Prairie Village, Kansas. What is Life Care? It’s a one-of-a-kind plan that combines independent living with lifetime access to top-notch health services at predictable, lower-than-market rates. Part of your entrance fee and ongoing monthly fees may be tax-deductible, and a portion of your entrance fee will always be refundable to you or your estate. As with any financial decision, we recommend you consult your tax adviser. The many benefits of Life Care are part of what distinguish Claridge Court from other area communities.
Life Care protects and supports you with best-in-class benefits, including:
- Unparalleled estate protection with an up to 90% refundable entrance fee, safeguarding your long-term health and financial future
- Access to high-quality skilled nursing and rehabilitation services
- Surprise-free monthly costs, even if your needs change
- Significant savings on rising medical care costs when compared to the open market
- Potential tax benefits, as certain fees can qualify as prepaid medical expenses
Several IRS rulings have established that a portion of a Life Care community entrance fee and monthly fees is deductible as a prepaid medical expense. You’ll be wise to discuss your individual tax situation with your personal tax adviser.
If you have a long-term care insurance policy, you may be eligible to receive benefits from that policy if you need long-term skilled nursing care at Claridge Court. In all likelihood, your policy will work hand in hand with Life Care and pay earned benefits directly to you. Consult with your insurance carrier or agent for specific answers regarding your individual policy.
If you outlive your resources for reasons outside your control and are unable to pay your monthly fee, you’re still entitled to priority access to our health care, and your children won’t be saddled with the financial burden. See our Residency Agreement for details.